I’ve often thought about posting a weekly recap of my life. I could do it off the events of the entire week, but I thought for this post I would summarize my weekend in a nutshell. Sometimes I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of taking care of things that I miss the amount of work I truly did get done. Without further ado, I present to you, the weekend of April 21 in a nutshell:
- Had great friends over on Friday evening to kick off the weekend.
- Delivered a card and get-well wishes to a church member.
- Had lunch with the in-laws and grandfather.
- Bought new living room furniture (the good thing is we are recycling our current chair to use it again).
- Spent way too much time in Home Depot looking to blow $60 worth of gift cards.
- Ended up buying a pull behind spreader, since I’m such a man.
- Finished Chazown by Craig Groeschel about a month after I started it for the second time.
- Preached my second message of the current sermon series on Sunday morning.
- Took a glorious Sunday afternoon nap (this rarely happens which is why it’s glorious).
- Attended revival at our former church where the amazing Ergun Caner is speaking.
- Finished Not A Fan by Kyle Idleman.
And that my friends is my weekend in a brief, numeric outline form. I’m probably most pumped at the thought of my spreader and finishing those books. Hopefully I can get a review of both those up sometime soon. I needed to finish the first one because, well, it had been a long time since I first started it. The second book needed to be finished because we’re discussing it next in our small group after we finish our current study. Actually using the spreader will have to wait a while as revival runs through Wednesday evening and it has decided to turn off cold, rain, and spit snow here. The weather we are having in April is amazing.
Was your weekend productive?